If you are craving Christmas cookies and do not have time to bake this holiday season, you are in luck. With three types of chocolate, oats and peanut butter, this is my wreath-shaped-take on the classic no-bake cookie. Throw together this simple recipe and let it chill, while you finish decorating your Christmas tree, and you will be ready to relax with your cookie, a glass of milk and a Hallmark movie.
I once lived in a tiny apartment in Manhattan without a stove. I had the strongest desire to bake cookies during the Christmas season, so I purchased a hot plate and made no-bake cookies to satisfy my sweet tooth. Now these cookies always remind me of the magnificent Christmas decor New York City has to offer, much like the enchanted towns in Hallmark holiday movies.
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup milk
½ cup chunky peanut butter
¼ cup coconut oil
¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
½ cup dark chocolate baking chunks
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon salt
⅓ cup white chocolate chips
- Cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add brown sugar, milk, peanut butter, coconut oil and cocoa powder. Bring to a boil, stirring until melted and smooth.
- Remove from the heat and stir in oats, vanilla and salt. Gently fold in chocolate chunks.
- Scoop around ¼ cup of cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet using an ice cream scoop. With a small spoon, scoop out the center portion and add it back to the bowl of cookie dough. Use your hands to gently press the cookie into wreath shapes.
- Place white chocolate chips in a small saucepan set to medium-low heat. Melt the chocolate, stirring frequently. Slowly drizzle white chocolate over the cookies, creating decorative stripes.
- Place the baking sheet in the refrigerator for 30 minutes until cookies are chilled and firm. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Servings: 12 (1 cookie)
4 thoughts on “Tripple Chocolate No-Bake Christmas Cookies”
They look yumm… and easy!!
Thanks Divya! They are so easy to make and they freeze well too if you want to save some for later! 🙂
My twin and I used to make no bakes all the time in a microwave! This sounds amazing! Certified Organic Produce, Grass Fed Beef and Pork
*Ford WaterstratSustainable Harvest Farm*108 Pistol Creek Road London, KY 40741 (606) 877 – 8875 http://www.sustainableharvestfarm.com email@example.com
Thanks Ford! No bakes are the perfect cookie to make with kids! I bet the twins could make them all by themselves now! 🙂