These twice-baked potatoes are the perfect balance of sweet and savory. I created this recipe, using leftover baked sweet potatoes, for a fast weeknight dinner for one (just double to serve two). It’s also a great meal for work week entertaining. Simply triple or quadruple the recipe and bake the potatoes the night before. The evening your guests arrive you will only need about 10 minutes to prepare your meal before baking. You can leave the stress at work and welcome your company with a cocktail as your dinner bakes. I like to pair this dish with a simple green salad, topped with fruit and nuts.
12 frozen medium peeled and cooked shrimp, defrosted
½ cup frozen chopped spinach, defrosted
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 medium sweet potato, baked
2 tablespoons feta cheese crumbles
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Rinse and chop the shrimp. Squeeze as much liquid as possible from the spinach.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook for about one minute, or until fragrant. Add shrimp and spinach and cook for another minute to allow flavors to meld.
- Slice baked sweet potatoes in half and carefully scoop out the inside of the potato with a large spoon, leaving a small rim of potato lining the skin to keep it intact.
- In a medium bowl, mash the sweet potato. Add shrimp and spinach mixture, feta cheese, salt and pepper. Stir to combine ingredients.
- With a large spoon, evenly fill the empty potato skins with the sweet potato, shrimp and spinach mixture. Place potatoes on a baking sheet and sprinkle with smoked paprika. Bake for 20 minutes.
Note: Leftovers make a great breakfast topped with a fried egg.
6 thoughts on “Twice-Baked Shrimp Stuffed Sweet Potatoes”
Thanks for sharing Renee- Looks terrific. You are so talented with those pictures Certified Organic Produce, Grass Fed Beef and Pork
*Ford WaterstratSustainable Harvest Farm*108 Pistol Creek Road London, KY 40741 859.227.5101 http://www.sustainableharvestfarm.com email@example.com
Thanks so much Ford! You grow some amazing subjects for me to photograph!!! 🙂
I can testify- These are delicious!
Your so sweet! I need to have you over again for dinner soon!
Wow, looks delicious and easy to prepare! It’s worth trying as we have a lot of sweet potatoes in our area…
Thanks Maria! I love sweet potatoes and this is one of my favorite ways to enjoy them! You’re lucky to have a lot of them in your area.